…on your new purchase! In order to get you enjoying it as quickly as possible, we have created a spa installation guide to help ensure everything is properly prepared for us. As always, if you have any questions or we can help you in any way, please call us at (406) 652-6500.
The first thing you will need is a comfortable spot to put it. There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a location.
1. The ground must be as level as possible. We cannot shim your spa to level it. Only to stop it from rocking.
2. The ground must be a solid surface. A rubber pad, pavers, deck (wood, vinyl, or trex), or concrete are all acceptable surfaces. If using a deck, make sure the structure is strong enough to hold the weight of a filled spa. A spa can weigh as much as 6000lbs filled with a couple people in it.
NOT Like This…
The next thing we need is proper electrical wiring for the spa. We can provide you with a few Electrician contacts who we have worked with in the past if you would like.
1. Most of our spas come with NO wiring. (Denali, Dover, and Tacoma 120V wiring excluded)
2. Sundance Spas need 240 Volt wiring to run. This needs to come from a 50 or 60 amp GFI breaker. Sundance Spas recommends 6 gauge or 8 gauge copper stranded wire. Please see owner’s manual or ask us which would best suit your needs.
3. Electrical Code should be followed to insure no complications or accidents in the future.
680.12 – Maintenance Disconnecting Means. One or more means to simultaneous disconnect all ungrounded conductor shall be provided for all utilization equipment other than lighting. Each means shall be readily accessible and within sight from its equipment and shall be located at least 1.5m (5ft) horizontally from the inside walls of a pool, spa, or hot tub unless separated from the open water by a permanently install barrier that provides a 1.5m (5ft) reach path or greater. This horizontal distance is to be measured from the water’s edge along the shortest path required to reach the disconnect.
4. Wire should be run in a flexible ¾ inch conduit to enter the spa.
5. The entry point for wiring is on both sides of the spa toward the front (where the controls are).
6. We will need an additional 6ft of wire in conduit inside the spa to hook it up properly.
7. When we arrive on site, this is what we should see.
The last thing we will need from you is water.
1. If you are on city water all we may need is a long hose if your only hose spigot is far away from your spa location.
2. If you are on a well, depending on your quality of water you may need a pre-filter on the hose to fill the spa. This will keep a lot of unwanted particles and minerals out of your spa.
3. If you are on a cistern, please make sure you have enough water in it to completely fill the spa. Spas are typically 300-500 gallons. Your owner’s manual should tell you how much water the spa holds, or you can ask us.
Completing the above steps will aid us in a smooth delivery. We always like you to be on site during our delivery. This will help us insure proper placement, and be able to make any necessary adjustments if needed. We have delivered hundreds of spas and have learned some tricks and lessons along the way. If you would like us to help you decide the best placement of the spa, we are more than willing to meet you on site to discuss options. As always, never be afraid to call us for questions.
Once your spa is delivered and running, we will walk you through all the components of the spa, explain chemical needs and answer any remaining questions you have.
We look forward to getting you in hot water and from all of us at Leisure in Montana,
Welcome to the Family
2499 Gabel Road #4,
Billings, MT 59102
Mon – Fri 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sat 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
2499 Gabel Road #4,
Billings, MT 59102
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Bull Outdoor Products
- Contact Us
- Featured Product of the Week Marquis Vector V77L
- Featured Product of the Week: 2017 Marquis Vector V77L
- Home Page
- Parts, Equipment & Accessories
- Patio Furniture
- Pool Liners
- Pool Liners Portfolio
- Pulsar Dealer Distributor For Montana & Northern Wyoming
- Spa Installation Guide
- Water Chemistry
- Why Us